Teeth in a Day
New You, Right Now
Dental Implant Solution
For years, patients suffering from missing teeth used to have to choose from dental bridges and dentures, both of which have a reputation for providing replacement teeth that are uncomfortable and unreliable. Dental implants, however, surpass these treatments by providing restorations that work and feel just like natural teeth. Using titanium screws to replicate your tooth roots, dental implants are able to perfectly replicate your natural teeth, requiring no more care than your natural teeth to stay healthy and strong. At Town Center Dental, we take great pride in offering our patients the option of Multiple Implants, or Single Tooth Implants.
- The Implant Fixture: The main part of the dental implant is the implant fixture, which takes the place of your missing tooth root. During the implant placement procedure, the fixture is positioned in the empty spot left behind by your missing tooth. As it heals, a process called osseointegration works to fuse the fixture to the jawbone, perfectly replicating the connection between your jawbone and natural teeth. This is possible because the implant fixture is made from titanium, a biocompatible alloy that your body can’t differentiate from the materials that make up your natural tooth roots.
- The Abutment: The second part of the dental implant is the abutment, which works as a bridge between the implant fixture and the restoration that tops the implant. Much like the implant fixture, the abutment is also typically made from titanium, though they can also be made from other materials. For the most part, the abutment can be attached directly after your implant fixture is placed. However, Dr. Chaudhry may choose to wait until after your fixture has recovered before attaching the abutment.
- The Restoration: The last piece of the dental implant is the restoration. Your replacement teeth can come in many different forms, such as a porcelain crown for single tooth restorations and an implant supported dental bridge for patients with multiple missing teeth. Regardless of which restoration you choose, Dr. Paes will create your replacement teeth to match your remaining natural teeth.
It is hard to give a standard cost of treatment with dental implants, as much of the cost is directly influenced by your unique condition and needs. For instance, we base the cost of your treatment on the number of implants you need, the quality of restoration you use to top your implants, and whether or not you need supplemental procedures before your implants can be placed. On average, the cost you can expect to pay for your dental implant treatment ranges from $1,500 to $5,000 per tooth.
If you would like a more accurate estimate of how much your dental implant treatment will cost, we advise you to schedule a consultation with oral and maxillofacial surgeon Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry. During your consultation, Dr. Paes will examine your oral health, using the data gathered to plan out your specific dental implant treatment. From this information, he will be able to provide you with a thorough estimate of your treatment’s cost.
We will work hand-in-hand with your insurance provider to make sure that you get the maximum reimbursement for any covered procedures you receive at our practice. We even have an in-house insurance coordinator who will work to make sure that all of your claims are processed promptly and correctly. If you have any questions or concerns about your insurance and what it will cover in regards to your implant treatment, you can contact our office and speak with one of our trained team members.
What is great about Teeth in a Day is that it can be placed without requiring supplemental procedures. This means that patients who have experienced more severe cases of jawbone deterioration can still move forward with this tooth restoration treatment using an implant related system.
The Teeth in a Day procedure can be broken down into four simple steps.
- Consultation: Before you can have your implants placed, you will need to attend a consultation with Dr. Paes at our Lagrangeville, NY office. During this consultation, the doctor will examine your oral health in order to determine whether or not Teeth in a Day is the best treatment for your needs. If you check out, Dr. Paes will also take this time to develop your treatment plan.
- Implant Surgery: Once your treatment is planned, you will then be able to have your implants placed. During the procedure, four implant fixtures will be placed at specific points of your mouth. Once in place, the area will be stitched up for healing and a temporary denture will be attached.
- Healing Period: Once your implants are in place and your temporary denture attached, your mouth will need some time to heal. Approximately three months of recovery time will be required, during which your implants will fully integrate into your oral anatomy.
- Restoration: Once your implants have healed, you will be able to have your final restoration placed. This overdenture will be custom-made in order to match your remaining natural teeth.
Our Oral Surgeon, Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry, is a trained oral and maxillofacial surgeon. This means that he has taken courses specifically geared toward performing surgical procedures such as implant placement and bone grafting. In addition to this training, Dr. Chaudhry attends numerous implant conferences and lectures, and even leads his own implant study club. He has placed well over a thousand dental implants over the years, and performed hundreds of bone grafting procedures.
Seeing your treatment on a monitor with Dr. Paes and Dr. Chaudhry can be extremely helpful in understanding your procedure more thoroughly. Dr. Paes and Dr. Chaudhry can point out any problem areas, where your procedure will be performed, and more. We want you to feel assured about your experience, and in Dr. Chaudhry’s skill and diagnosis.
Contact us today to learn more about our unique CBCT scanner and how it can improve your experience here at Town Center Dental of Lagrange.
Request an Appointment